Author Topic: Waggster BLTouch V1.0  (Read 1035 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Waggster BLTouch V1.0
« on: June 26, 2019, 05:55:07 PM »
Waggster BLTouch V1.0

https://pretendprusa.co.uk/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=9

BLTouch for the Artillery Sidewinder X1

The download link is just above... :-)

Expected upgrade time 30 minutes
Technical level - medium

Includes
BLTouch LED wires mod
MKS Gen L1.0 Marlin 1.19 / 2.0 Firmware (recommended)
MKS 2.8 TFT LCD Firmware
PrusaSlicer Profiles

Please read the included PDF and watch the video below.

gfetters

• View Profile
Re: Waggster BLTouch V1.0
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 07:41:16 PM »
This is an excellent mod!  I liked the led but the bltouch will be a much better option.  I have tried the upgrade but I am getting an odd problem and I hope you can help.  The Z axis stops and will not go down to the bed.  You can't manually adjust it down either.  The bltouch makes a clicking sound too.  I am thinking that I have one of the wires wrong plugged in wrong on the effector.  would you show a photo of the order and color connected to the bl touch and where the brown wires attach on the mks gen l?

gfetters

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 04:44:42 PM »
I was able to figure out my issue with the bl touch.  My Brown cable was wired backwards.  So if the bl touch does not light when you first turn it on reverse the brown wires that are plugged in to the first servo slot.

NealR54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 05:02:57 PM »
So I am a relative newbie with my new Sidewinder. Unfortunately I am on a Mac platform and can't unzip the files that I downloaded. Is there an easy way to do this, or do I need to be on a Windows platform to do the mod?

JaySmith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 01:55:17 PM »
This is such a great mod, and the video is well done.  Much appreciated! 

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 01:43:01 AM »
So I am a relative newbie with my new Sidewinder. Unfortunately I am on a Mac platform and can't unzip the files that I downloaded. Is there an easy way to do this, or do I need to be on a Windows platform to do the mod?

I've no idea to be honest, never owned a MAC but I would have thought you could at least get a unzip program for it?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 01:43:28 AM »
This is such a great mod, and the video is well done.  Much appreciated!

Thanks fella,  very much appreciated :-)

Chazy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 04:13:05 AM »
Hello. I follow your fantastic guide and works perfectly! My first layer is so lovely!
But I have a problem: after upgrading firmware to Marlin 2.0, at some point while printing (like 70%), my printer blocks. I don't know if it's a firmware related (I used the marlin 2.0)..
Do you have same problem?!

Chazy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 04:14:16 AM »
Hello. I follow your fantastic guide and works perfectly! My first layer is so lovely!
But I have a problem: after upgrading firmware to Marlin 2.0, at some point while printing (like 70%), my printer blocks. I don't know if it's a firmware related (I used the marlin 2.0)..
Do you have same problem?!

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 04:17:46 AM »
Hi,

No I've not had that problem but it sounds like heat creep maybe or bad filament.   Feel your extruder motor if it happens again to see if its hot. You might need to adjust the vref on the driver a little.  Also double check your extruder fan is working correctly.

Mutiusm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 07:05:00 PM »
Hi, I have followed your ABL tip and installed a BL-touch, everything went fine except I mounted the probe with a different holding system. Now my probe is 58mm left and 36mm in the front of the nozzle. You compiled Marlin 2.0 for your placing of the probe. I am now trying to recompile Marlin but have platformio somehow hanging...:-(  :-[ could you eventually compile another version for me ? That would be great.

Thanks Matthias

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 02:38:04 AM »
I just use the Arduino IDE to compile, its nice and simple. :-)

You will also need to play around with the probe points in the firmware as these will change. Also, in the settings.txt file in the touchscreen firmware you need to change the offset point so it performs the Z offset in the middle of the bed.

Have a go through the Arduino IDE..  I'm really busy at the moment but give that a go and let me know how you get on.

Steve

mavericm1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 07:53:01 PM »
Planning on using this guide along with the new hemera guide at https://e3d-online.dozuki.com/Guide/Hemera+Artillery+(Evnovo)+Sidewinder+X1+Firmware+Modification/121?lang=en   after installing my hemera and bltouch will have to figure out the new offset for the probe but hopefully will not be too bad.   Thanks for posting this.