Author Topic: Wanhao D9 Mk2 Waggster CR10Pro Firmware  (Read 6360 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wanhao D9 Mk2 Waggster CR10Pro Firmware
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 03:52:46 AM »
Hi, sorry I had a really busy weekend.  Is your MicroSD card less than 16gb that's really the only thing I can think of?  Generally, you should see things like 0003 and 0002 after the filetypes that appear, then it would flash up all the screens as it copies them over.

MRob

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2019, 05:34:24 AM »
No problem! And less than 16gb? Wasnt aware that was an issue - it is 64gb, but formatted correctly. I'll buy a smaller one and try again. Thanks for the tip.

MRob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 09:27:17 AM »
OK just tried with an 8bg fat32 formatted microsd and...bummer.... still no good. Oh well, I was thinking of switching to an MKS board anyway!!

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 04:13:05 AM »
NOTICE...

For those having problems flashing the touchscreen you MUST format your MicroSD card correctly.

It HAS to be 16GB or under
You MUST set the Allocation unit size to 4096 bytes

See the attached photo... once you do this it will update fine :-)

squatporcupine

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2019, 04:40:35 PM »
EDIT: Well after looking through the config files some more it looks like linear advance never is turned on since MachineD9Mk2 is always defined and needs to be disabled to meet the linear advance if statement requirements. I just removed the DISABLED(MachineD9Mk2) from the if check and everything seems to be working now. I was just curious as to the reason why linear advance by default can't be enabled?

Hello,

I've got the Marlin firmware uploaded and working on my Monoprice Maker Pro Mk1 (D9 300x300 Mk1), I was trying to set up linear advance and had it enabled in the config file but after printing a couple test patterns nothing seemed to be changing. I went to check using the M900 command through pronterface but only got "unkown command" errors. I was wondering what version of marlin the port is based off of as M115 command only returns Marlink 1.0 Waggster/if you've had any success with enabling and configuring linear advance.

Thanks,

Matt
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 05:26:11 PM by squatporcupine »

Absalonius

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2019, 02:44:07 PM »
Getting a bunch of junk over octoprint when trying to communicate with printer. Any idea why?

Edit: I'm forgetting my basics! was on the wrong Baud rate, fixed once Set to Auto Baud Rate.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 02:52:12 PM by Absalonius »

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2020, 02:42:07 AM »
Glad you got it sorted.. yep I was going to suggest the baud rate, then I saw your update.

The only bug/problem I've found so far is it won't update after you insert your SD Card, you need to power cycle it.  I've not had a good look why this is at the moment but think it's to do with the SD card trigger pin, need to investigate more.

FL62

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2020, 12:10:46 PM »
I installed this firmware over the weekend. While I had no issues getting it flashed to the board and display initially, I noticed some weird things while using it. My machine was previously "Zero'd" were the Z axis would sit just touching the build surface, and at the center of the build plate. When I ran an auto level, I would bump it up 0.2mm and it printed well.

After installing this software, it would zero slightly to the right of center on the build plate, but also 5cm above it! This software will not allow "negative" numbers in the Z axis position, so I reset the Z axis mechanically to bring it down. When I went to try and print though, it would give Homing Errors when trying to start the print.

The other far more critical issue is that the firmware flash killed my USB port - it worked perfectly before hand, and I could print from any slicer program. After the firmware flash, that port is no longer recognized. Now my problem is that I have no way to flash any firmware!!!!

Hoping someone has some ideas, as otherwise I have essentially bricked my printer.....

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2020, 01:26:56 PM »
Hi,

When you first install the new firmware you need to reset your eeprom via the M502 / M500 commands. This will load all default settings into it.  Following this you then need to set your Z-Offset, if you don't reset your eeprom then nothing will be saved!  The gap you mention is your Z offset not being set, so this and the eeprom clear needs to be done first.  The actual probe should be in the centre of the bed, not the nozzle when its homing.

The firmware would not have killed your usb port, this is impossible to do as it's not controlled via the firmware at all.  You must have something else using it that you didn't realise, Cura is a great one for this... if you have Cura running it will grab the port and take over it blocking everything else.. so double check that.

So.. make sure you clear your eeprom, without this it won't save any settings, including z offset and bed level measurements taken.

Let me know how you get on.

Steve

FL62

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2020, 05:09:09 PM »
Thanks for the fast reply Steve! I did run the M500 and M502 Gcode commands to reset the EEPROM. The USB port issue is weird because it obviously worked before (that's how I flashed the firmware through CURA) but now is not recognized. I was concerned that since this firmware was ported over from the CR-10, that maybe a different hardware or address was used on the USB side of things causing the issue.

Is there any other way to load a .hex file into the Wanhao board without USB?

** EDIT: I decided to try an old PC Troubleshooting logic, so I disconnected anything from the control board that "talks" to it aside from the USB Cable (I unplugged the SD Card and also the display cable) and wouldn't you know it - the USB Port popped up again! Not sure why it wasn't being recognized - but it is back now). I wonder if the USB port and display were trying to share an interrupt or something?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 05:29:32 PM by FL62 »

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2020, 05:39:43 PM »
Superb.. glad you can at least get back up and running.  It's an M502, not 505.. but I guess you knew that anyway to load the defaults.

I am running a slightly updated version if you want to give it a go? This one limited the probe to 16 points as the original and I've slowed a couple of things down. Getting good results on first test.  I still need to work out the sd card refresh but I've been that busy at work (starting own business) I've not had a free minute.

Still panic over :-)  let me know if you need anything 

dabuh

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 09:44:57 AM »
Any chance this would work with the Monoprice Maker Pro MK1 which I believe is just a rebranded Duplicator 9 MK1?  The only real difference I know of is the BL Touch vs inductive sensor.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2020, 05:42:10 PM »
Hey Dabuh, Yes and no..  Yes it will work but will need editing so it will work with your sensor.  The probe needs to be changed to a fixed probe and the offsets changing... Other than that it should be okay.

I keep meaning to finalise this release but it's just finding a free night to get it all done and tested.

jcyavari

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2020, 02:05:03 PM »
Thanks so much for porting this firmware. I've got v1.0 all loaded (+reset EEPROM) on my Monoprice Maker Pro / Wanhao D9 Mk1 (w/added BLTouch), but I've run into several issues...

1. I can adjust the z with manual leveling quadrants, but auto-level locks/freezes.
2. Prints stay forever at "Heating..." I've noticed the temperatures seem to fluctuate between -1 deg C and spot on for both bed/head.
3. When I pause the print, the screen says "No Filament" and prompts to load, which doesn't do anything with the filament, but it does change the screen to say "Printing" rather than "Heating." The "Pause" option is still visible (i.e., it doesn't seem to pause -- not that it ever started.)
4. Loading filament through the menu just runs the filament motor in reverse (removes filament). Likewise unloading pushes filament through the extruder.

Any idea why I'm getting such widespread issues when the firmware seems to work for others?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:21:46 PM by jcyavari »

Eridyne

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2020, 04:55:26 PM »
Using a very similar build to the previous posted - Maker Pro/D9 Mk1 w/ upgrade kit - and have also run into issues.

I don't get any levelling problems, nor temperature issues - that I've noticed. I have had a few working prints... in between two instances where prints would sit at heating, cooling, or similar, and do nothing, but would quickly finish their progress bar. Those were only fixed by reflashing other (Wanhao) firmware, nothing else made any difference.

I've also seen the no filament pause issue, where it doesn't seem to exactly pause.

You're not the only one who's seeing really quirky behavior. It's not stable enough for long enough, in my case, to keep.