Author Topic: Modified bed settings as you described in your reddit post, Probe is still offse  (Read 221 times)

realmayus

• View Profile
Hi!
I just modified my firmware like you suggested in your reddit post so that the probe isn't offset anymore.
Even though I did this, the probe is still off set. What values exactly do I have to change in order to align the home position correctly?

This is the home location of the probe: (printer can't find the calibration point)

Thanks in advance!

PS: are you member of any 3d-printing related discord server?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 12:23:32 PM by realmayus »

realmayus

• View Profile
I changed these values:
Code: [Select]
const float bed_ref_points_4[] PROGMEM = {
[color=red]36.5f[/color] - BED_PRINT_ZERO_REF_X - X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER - SHEET_PRINT_ZERO_REF_X,
[color=red]17.f[/color] - BED_PRINT_ZERO_REF_Y - Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER - SHEET_PRINT_ZERO_REF_Y,

242.f - BED_PRINT_ZERO_REF_X - X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER  - SHEET_PRINT_ZERO_REF_X,
[color=red]17.f[/color] - BED_PRINT_ZERO_REF_Y - Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER - SHEET_PRINT_ZERO_REF_Y,

242.f - BED_PRINT_ZERO_REF_X - X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER  - SHEET_PRINT_ZERO_REF_X,
212.f - BED_PRINT_ZERO_REF_Y - Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER - SHEET_PRINT_ZERO_REF_Y,

[color=red]36.5f[/color] - BED_PRINT_ZERO_REF_X - X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER  - SHEET_PRINT_ZERO_REF_X,
212.f - BED_PRINT_ZERO_REF_Y - Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER - SHEET_PRINT_ZERO_REF_Y
};
(I changed the color of the edited values)
Since homing position has a too low Y value, I made it a bit higher, but nothing changed...
Does anyone have any advice?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi, sorry for the delay i've been away for a few days.

You also need to change them in another file I think.. but it should home correctly.  Are you using the prusa extruder setup so the pinda is in the correct place?

The other file is XYZCalc.cpp

The points are in a different format, but easier to work out..
const int16_t xyzcal_point_xcoords[4] PROGMEM = {1200, 21700, 21700, 1200};
const int16_t xyzcal_point_ycoords[4] PROGMEM = {700, 700, 19900, 19900};

So X and Y cords..  first point is x is 1200 y is 700 .. so just change to suit.

Let me know how you get on. 

realmayus

• View Profile
Hi,
thanks for your reply. I'll try to edit this other file as well tomorrow.

Another problem I've encountered is that my printer keeps telling me that the X-axis has the wrong length. This is weird since homing works fine without the printer smashing the x carriage against the axis ends...
Do you know by any chance how to fix this? I considered buying new smooth rods since mine are bent a bit, do you think that this might fix it?

Thank you very much in advance!

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The X axis length is all based around the X steps.. so this all depends on the calibration of the STEPS.. the prusa is expecting a certain length and if your steps are slightly out.. so say it moves 250mm and should only move 240mm then it knows something is wrong.  When doing the calibration always make sure the zip ties are pointing down and that nothing is getting in the way of it running the whole X axis.  If you are running a different type of mount then you might not get the correct value for this.

You can check your steps by measuring say homing then making a mark 200mm to the right of the extruder, then moving it 200 in the menu and seeing if it goes to that point you marks, if it's less or more then you will need to alter your steps and test again.

Hope this helps :-)