Author Topic: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.4  (Read 1073 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.4
« on: February 15, 2020, 05:46:46 AM »

oggormz

• View Profile
Re: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.4
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 07:23:20 PM »
I have updated to v1.4, I elected to keep the led and run another ribbon cable for the bltouch.  I wired the touch and it is working for homing and autolevel when I use the screen menu.  However my g28 and g28 fail when I attempt to print.  It fails with the error:!! STOP called because of BLTouch error - restart with M999.  I saw you mention in the video you had added a reset code in the script possibly?  I was wondering if you could elaborate on what that reset code might be and if this would solve my issue.  Also, I was wondering if you have a 1.4 version of the firmware with the LEDs enabled still since I have mine wired up still and would like to use both?  I would be happy to modify the code and provide the results for others looking to do the same, but I would want to start from the modified source and love help and pointers.  Any help is appreciated!  Great work and thanks for your contributions to the community!

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 01:51:24 PM »
Hi,

You will need to enable the LED's as you have said. The source is included within the zip and the file that you need to edit is the configuration.h file near the bottom, just uncomment the RGB LED.

Not sure on your BL Touch.  It's strange that it works okay during home.  Have you tried pressing the auto-level and seeing what it does?  Is it a genuine BL Touch or a clone?

Thanks,

harlock3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 05:58:12 AM »
This is probably me being NOOB, but after installing 1.4(I had 1.0 before); I got bed thermal runaway. I ran PID for bed to resolve issue; sure I was probably supposed to do that after installing 1.4 but read.me didn't say to do it. The BLTouch also deploys during prints sometimes; not sure what's going on. This happens on 1.0 and now this version so. Replaced BLTouch and still happens. Does it in Cura and Prusa so not slicer issue.  Probes fine before print; just randomly deploys during print sometimes.  Double check connections and all look good. Not sure if it just BLTouch being unreliable or what.  Thank you again for great mod.  On side not have you consider doing mod for TH3D's EZABL?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 09:09:32 AM »
Hey Harlock3,

I'm guessing you haven't reset your eeprom after the upgrade.  The new PID bed values will be at 0 in your current which is why you are getting the error.  Always best to reset after every upgrade.

Make sure you redo your Z-offset (nozzle height after).  .. To reset your eeprom you can just do this from the touchscreen menu.

Let me know if this sorts it for you.

Steve

harlock3

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 07:56:57 PM »
Hi,
Did EEPROM reset after install. Also Z-offset.  Started print and received thermal runaway; that's when I did PID for bed. 

« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 06:51:17 AM by harlock3 »

schnub

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 03:11:26 PM »
Hi there :) iīve successfully installed my touch sensor, got my z-offset set, and in my machine settings the G29 after G28. but... at the start of a print, it will make a safe home, then start printing, no auto bed leveling with the gcode. but if i go to the touchscreen and tap auto leveling, it makes all probes fine throughout the whole bed. what am i doing wrong?

sry for bad english :)

PS: This is my machine code

G28 ; home all axes
G29
M117 Purge extruder
G92 E0 ; reset extruder
G1 Z1.0 F3000 ; move z up little to prevent scratching of surface
G1 X2 Y20 Z0.3 F5000.0 ; move to start-line position
G1 X2 Y200.0 Z0.3 F1500.0 E15 ; draw 1st line
G1 X2 Y200.0 Z0.4 F5000.0 ; move to side a little
G1 X2 Y20 Z0.4 F1500.0 E30 ; draw 2nd line
G92 E0 ; reset extruder
G1 Z1.0 F3000 ; move z up little to prevent scratching of surface

is there maybe something wrong?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 01:29:11 PM by schnub »

ninuki

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 07:12:20 AM »
This is probably me being NOOB, but after installing 1.4(I had 1.0 before); I got bed thermal runaway. I ran PID for bed to resolve issue; sure I was probably supposed to do that after installing 1.4 but read.me didn't say to do it. The BLTouch also deploys during prints sometimes; not sure what's going on. This happens on 1.0 and now this version so. Replaced BLTouch and still happens. Does it in Cura and Prusa so not slicer issue.  Probes fine before print; just randomly deploys during print sometimes.  Double check connections and all look good. Not sure if it just BLTouch being unreliable or what.  Thank you again for great mod.  On side not have you consider doing mod for TH3D's EZABL?

Hi harlock3.

Have you found a solution for this issue?

I have the same problem - deploys while printing.
Found out that it happens when the fan starts up (manually or gcode). same with you?
Example: if i change cooling begins on layer 4, the pin deploys when z-lift to layer 4.

Hopefully there is a solution - i miss my printer  ;D

schnub

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 01:30:02 PM »
Hi,
Did EEPROM reset after install. Also Z-offset.  Started print and received thermal runaway; that's when I did PID for bed.

got the same thermal runaway for the bed,too. but didnīt change anything on the code of the firmware?!

PS: okay i calibrated the BED PID, seems to working fine now! :D (i should read better)

but the problem that it doesnt make the g29 when loading a gcode file is meh..

i cant level with the G29 Command in Octoprint Terminal. Only the Button on the Display is working (Auto Bed Level)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 02:08:41 PM by schnub »

ninuki

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 03:40:08 PM »

Hi harlock3.

Have you found a solution for this issue?

I have the same problem - deploys while printing.
Found out that it happens when the fan starts up (manually or gcode). same with you?
Example: if i change cooling begins on layer 4, the pin deploys when z-lift to layer 4.

Hopefully there is a solution - i miss my printer  ;D

I did some further testing and double-checked the cables again. Everything seems to be okay.
I noticed that the pin sometimes goes in/out even while printing and there is no change of the fan-speed.
If the pin touches the bed, it begins to blink red (error). When it does not touch anything, it just goes in/out.
I can not see a pattern when this happens or not.

Any Ideas?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 03:11:49 AM »
Hi, sorry just catching up with everything at the moment, been really busy.

Are you using a genuine BL Touch or something like the 3DTouch clone?  I've had problems with the pin dropping on the clone. 

Something to check is if you are using the V4 that you are using the same negative wire.  From what I understand the v4 reversed the 3 pin connector but this might have shared negative... so if you are sending the servo command down this then it might cause a problem.  You could try flipping both the three-pin connectors and seeing if that helps, so reverse the one at the extruder and on the board. 

Let me know how you get on.

Steve

ninuki

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 09:14:00 AM »
Thank you for your Answer CdRsKuLL

I used a clone. Today i ordered a genuine BLTouch to test this. Hopefully it arrives tommorow.

Yesterday i reversed the three-pin connector at the board (because i saw something in your PDF). The sensor just blinks and dont work anymore. I will reverse the one on the extruder too when I'm @home.

Additionally I'll test another fan. Somebody wrote somewhere that he only had problems with the stock fan.

I'll give a Feedback if anyone has similar problems.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2020, 09:16:44 AM »
Hi, thanks for the info... and yes please, if you can post feedback that would be great, it's tricky trying to debug something when it's not in front of me.

schnub

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2020, 02:17:15 PM »
Update on mine:

BED Temp is working fine, no hard resets after PID Calibration.

But if i slice a file and put it on a USB Stick, the G29 will be executed fine after safe homing.

When i use the same file an print it over my octoprint raspberry via usb attached to the board. G29 will be completly skipped?! :(

any ideas? :)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2020, 03:03:49 PM »
It sounds like Octoprint isn't sending that command.  So, for some reason it's stopping that one, can you set it to ignore gcode?  I did remember seeing something in one of the options. Another thing is maybe a bed visualizer plugin might be stopping it?  It will be a tick box I bet buried deep in one of the options.