Author Topic: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.4  (Read 1078 times)

oggormz

• View Profile
Re: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.4
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 08:04:46 PM »
Hi,

You will need to enable the LED's as you have said. The source is included within the zip and the file that you need to edit is the configuration.h file near the bottom, just uncomment the RGB LED.

Not sure on your BL Touch.  It's strange that it works okay during home.  Have you tried pressing the auto-level and seeing what it does?  Is it a genuine BL Touch or a clone?

Thanks,

OK so here is the interesting part.  After installing teaching techs firmware, the bltouch works great, the leds work and I can set z offset etc.  When I go back to this firmware I get the error mentioned previously.  If there is a section where I need to specify pins I could compare the two and make the adjustments...alas I am a noob and not sure if this is the right way to fix this or where to find that in the source.  Any thoughts?  Thanks again!

Update: not so interesting...simple oversight.  The teaching tech mod uses the Z min.  I moved the pins to Zmax and now it works...duh :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 09:18:53 PM by oggormz »

schnub

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 12:07:48 PM »
Thanks for that hint!!!!

There was an Plugin called "Toggle Autolevel" which ignores the G29! (Found no checkbox so i disabled it and restarted octoprint :D )

https://github.com/OutsourcedGuru/OctoPrint-plugin-toggle-autolevel

dunno if i accidentaly installed it or not?! :D

nevermind, thanks for your awesome mod!

ninuki

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 03:18:52 PM »
Hi, thanks for the info... and yes please, if you can post feedback that would be great, it's tricky trying to debug something when it's not in front of me.

hey CdRsKuLL
Today the genuine BL Touch arrived and i've installed it. Seems to work fine.
Only thing is it blinks red (slow pulse). is this normal?

EDIT:
BLTouch does not selftest when i start the printer. = blinking red?

Another problem is, that sometimes the printer wats to home "relative" from center. Means it moves right to the edge of the buildplate (thinks this is the center) and homes z axis. I think he does not do G28 properly and does not move to the x-endstop!?

Thank you
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 04:34:17 PM by ninuki »

schnub

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2020, 07:24:24 AM »
i got another question, how do you make the HS (Highspeed) ABL at start of a gcode?

best regards

schnub

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 09:33:21 AM »
Afternoon both.

I will be releasing 1.5 version which should help the BL Touch reset and also pid temps for the hotend and bed.  Should be tomorrow :-)..

ShawnsM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2020, 02:52:12 AM »
Afternoon both.

I will be releasing 1.5 version which should help the BL Touch reset and also pid temps for the hotend and bed.  Should be tomorrow :-)..

This is a bit late but I know in v1.5 Wagster the option to "restore bed leveling after homing(g28)" is enabled.

That said once you've calibrated your z offset and leveled the bed it is stored to M420 S0 or S1 (working from memory here so verify the M420). 

Because of this, once your bed has been leveled AT TEMP, then you don't HAVE to level it for each print, as in v1.5 it will revert to the existing M420 tables that were built after every home (G28).

So choice is yours, I upped the speeds for the bed leveling so I still have G28,  G29 in my slicer configs.  This isn't really needed if you keep your bed in good shape, the choice is yours.

Shawn