Author Topic: Waggster Genius BLTouch v1.5  (Read 588 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Waggster Genius BLTouch v1.5
« on: March 08, 2020, 03:47:03 PM »

mase711

• View Profile
Re: Waggster Genius BLTouch v1.5
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 09:30:14 AM »
Hello,
i installed this incredible Mod recently.
Could you add filament sensor support? I ran out of filament last print and it didn't promt M600 for filament change.
It might be a great addition to this wonderful project.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 01:35:28 PM »
I've put it on the list. will be looking at it again in the next week or so. I'm currently working on the CR10 V2 at the moment.

mase711

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 04:20:40 PM »
Thank you very much!

druphis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 08:27:45 PM »
Thanks for this mod. I've got everything working and I will 2nd the request for the run out sensor support.

Also, I have noticed that it hangs for a VERY long time at ~3 C below bed temp with this version of the firmware. I didn't have this issue with stock. I  have tried several different G-code starts, including some that eliminate M109 and M190. The issue persists.

Reading, I found this link. I don't know if it is helpful or not.
https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues/15138

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 05:31:00 AM »
Hi, if it's hanging just below the printing temp then you need to run an autotun PID.  Lots of info on how to do this but in short you send a command via a PC and it then runs a warming up / cooling down routine a number of times and outputs a new PID value that you then import and save into the eeprom. 

mase711

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 05:34:51 AM »
Hello again,

I noticed that Max Hotend Temp is 260 Degrees (My Printer doesn't heat above that)?
Is Marlin configured correctly for Manufakturer Presets?

I researched a bit and Manufakturer Presets should be:
Hotend: 275 Degrees
Hotbed:  150 Degrees.
Max. Printspeed: up to 150 mm/s.

I don't know how to check if the firmware has the right values,
but maybe it helps to fix some issues in the next version.

I haven't found (maybe i am too dumb to google correctly  :P ::) ) a gcode to change or check those values, if there is any please let me know.

Please keep up your great work.
Very appriciated!

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 02:39:54 PM »
You will kill your nozzle if you go above 250 degrees. The PTFE lining melts at this temperature.  You can go higher but not for very long at all. I would advise not going above 245 using the standard hotend.

Steve

TOPOTONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 11:25:58 AM »
Hi man! kudos for the excellent work that you have done with this... unfortunately I am running into an issue that is only happening with this firmware. I am using octoprint to process my gcode... any other firmware I tried, works flawlessly.. however this one that I love with the bltouch activated, makes octoprint run into serial port issues, making it sttuter when priting, get line missing errors, and eventually failing... digging around seems that is a problem with some versions of marlin, so I wonder if you plan to update your well done stuff to the latest version... it will help me tremendously if you end up doing it.
I know you should be busy and is only one guy asking for it.. I would do it by myself but I can see that the amount of stuff that needs to be changed in the arduino IDE is so big, that without knowing how to do it, I will screw it up...

Thanks in advance , independently of you deciding to make it happen or not... best from Spain, and best of luck in these terrible moments for all of us with the virus.

LS