Author Topic: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.5  (Read 587 times)

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.5
« on: March 08, 2020, 03:48:53 PM »

chilliefly

• View Profile
Re: Waggster X-1 BLTouch v1.5
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 11:15:06 AM »
anyone know how much faster "Added BLTouch High Speed" is? I just completed 1.4 over the weekend with great prints so wondering if i should update :)

yopero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 05:46:17 PM »
Steve, thanks for 1.5 I am still testing and still do not know if it is my setup or there are some weird things happenings when printing from the usb port of the printer which do not happen when using a host like repetier.
Even tough pid settings are in the eeprom when printing from the usb port it takes like 5 minutes for the extruder to start heating and sometimes even it tries to extrude without reaching the required temperature. thank god for the guard against dry extrusion.
I will dig a bit more and report back tomorrow

@chilliefly I have not had time to time out the probing but it feels like half the time.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 02:44:13 PM »
This will be down to your gcode start script.  You have two gcode commands, one is to heat extruder and wait.. the other is to heat extruder and continue. M104 and M190 ring a bell but I'm away at the moment so cant check

nicedevil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 03:30:23 PM »
anyone know how much faster "Added BLTouch High Speed" is? I just completed 1.4 over the weekend with great prints so wondering if i should update :)

First I want to thank you for this :)

I did my "Mod" right now and got stuck at the point of Homeing in your guide.
X and Y are homeing as intended but if Z is starting, the printhead moves to the middle and then up. After this it stays there and an error with BLtouch is presented on the display with a text that I should use M999 to start again.

What could be the problem?

I have V4 and turned the pin 180 degrees on the mainboard.

Thank you in advance.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 04:04:12 PM »
Hi, if it's moving up then the pin is showing triggered all the time.  Try flipping around your connector again and see if that sorts the problem out. :-)

Also, might as well update to 1.5 whilst you're at it ....  lol

nicedevil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 04:29:49 PM »
First time user of BL-Touch on my first printer :)

The LED is red all the time and the pin is up. That's what you mean right?

Will try out turning the connector? Shouldn't it be the same to turn the yellow brown red wire to achieve the same?

OK: rotated the connector and now the BL-Touch is lighting up red and then red/blue and if I hit the home button it makes "click click click click..." but the error on the display is the same?

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:19:24 PM by nicedevil »

nicedevil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 03:24:58 PM »
hey again, made some photos for the right connection (I hope).

The last 2 should show the 2 possiblities. The last one makes the probe lighting up red and on homeing nothing happens.
The other one turns on the blue LED as well and the pin is out/in/out/in/out... on homeing (like on the vid).

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 06:35:51 AM »
You haven't plugged in the black wire to the Z-max socket by the looks on your mainboard.

nicedevil

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 12:26:20 PM »
God damn... That was the problem ofc...
The problem was sitting right in front of the printer :)

Thank you very much. As you saw on my pictures I'm using an other mount for the BL-Touch because I'm using a 5015 fan.

Have to figure out how to fix the Touch beeing outside of the bed on the right site (looking from in front of the printer to the back).

EDIT: Ok done as well :) Working as intended now. Changed X/Y Offset with terminal of octoprint.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:21:06 PM by nicedevil »

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 02:06:27 PM »
Superb, glad you sorted it.  Yes, for others you can use the M851 Xxx Yxx Zxx to set the offset for the BLTouch and then do a M500 to save it to the eeprom, then a M503 to check it's been saved.

So....
M851 X20 Y-3 Z-1.52   
M500

I know you've already done this, but posted for others :-)

Good news and happy printing....

Steve

nicedevil

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 04:23:01 PM »
May I ask if you implement linear advance at some time?
Got realy good results with marlin 1.1.9 and activated LA and a calibrated extruder.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 07:36:33 AM »
Hi, yes its enabled but set to zero.. so you can just send some gcode commands to enter your value. I'm interested in how you get on, not had time to play with it myself.

nicedevil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2020, 11:23:03 AM »
Oh nice one :)

Because I don't want to spend time on the firmware code and don't know at this point what I have to look for to check it myself I just asked ;)
I got realy nice results. Going to calibrate the extruder now and then go over the linear advance feature!

I measured your 3mm plate. The one I printed is only 2.85mm thick. That's not what it should be right?

Can you tell me if I have to set the Z offset to plus or minus to get the BL touch in the right place?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2020, 11:48:18 AM »
It should be fine, as long as it clears your print and drops below your nozzle when printing that's all it needs to do. I think tolerance is something like 2 - 3.5 or something like that depending on which version you're using.  It might be because it's being too squshed on the first layer.. It also depends on what layer height it was printed at as well.   But, no worries it won't affect anything.