Author Topic: Runnout sensor  (Read 277 times)

devnull

• View Profile
Runnout sensor
« on: April 27, 2020, 07:52:46 PM »
On the Artillery Sidewinder X1 the filament run out sensor is wired into the touch panel I guess. This means if running off of octopi it no longer works. I saw that Marlin has provisions for a run out sensor. Has any one figured out a way to wire it the the control board?

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Runnout sensor
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 06:20:07 AM »
You could connect it via say the X Max sensor and link that to an M600 command. The only problem is that the touchscreen doesn't support this.  You would need to confirm loading filament some other way.

devnull

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 03:28:43 PM »
Thanks! I'll look into that. I don't really use the screen for anything other than baby stepping, which hopefully I'll figure out how to do in octoprint soon anyhow.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 04:41:10 PM »
You might be able to add default buttons to octoprint, sorry its been a while since I used it.  But the baby stepping commands I send are..

M290 Z-0.025; M500;
M290 Z 0.025; M500;

The M500 saves them to eeprom

devnull

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 04:51:23 PM »
So I have a really dumb and basic question... can you point me in a direction to figure out how in the world the MKS Gen L board pinout diagram maps relates to the Arduino aliases? I've been searching around all over and can't find anything.

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 03:41:49 AM »
Have a look at the pins_ramps.h file  Here will be the Arduino pin numbers for you. 

Let me know how you get on

devnull

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 05:51:03 PM »
I had 2 issues. The first was that I was expecting some pin numbers on the servos, but I see that isn't how it works. I also was messed up because the the ramps pinout only goes to 53. I now realize that A0 - A15 are 54 and up. I haven't played with MCUs too much.

On a side note, I am changing out my extruder and hotend. I need to lower the bltouch mount by about 16mm. Any chance I could get the CAD file so I can modify it?

devnull

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 06:11:36 PM »
Actually I was able to make a mount that worked based off of yours. Thanks anyway.