Author Topic: What does the BLTouch Reset Really do?  (Read 506 times)

lord-of-candy

• View Profile
What does the BLTouch Reset Really do?
« on: May 06, 2020, 01:53:23 PM »
The command you send is:

M280 P0 S60; G4 P500; M280 P0 S90; G4 P200

Looking at their manual:
Probing with Touch Switch Mode(M280 P0 S60)    ← only Smart V2.1 and later
Step 1 : Push-pin Down(M280 P0 S10)
Step 2 : Touch Switch Mode(M280 P0 S60)
Step 2 : Probing(keep M280 P0 S60)
Step 3 : Push-pin Up(M280 P0 S90) after Zmin triggered

I see some of the command structure, but I'm still not grokking what is actually happening here?

Can I get a clue because I'm lost with a candelabra in the study and don't know who did it. :D

lord-of-candy

• View Profile
Re: What does the BLTouch Reset Really do?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 01:37:14 PM »
ok, took some time to understand this. Steve you may want to update as Dwell doesn't work alone. I tried to use your tft code as a baseline and get dwell running as a 'wait' state but it never would fire off the secondary instructions on that pause. Asked around and the general response was using M400--and they started working.

M280 P0 S120;
G4 S2;
M400;
M280 P0 S90;
G4 S2;
M400;

Here's what I'm now using for a probe-test/wait/retract. Without the M400's the dwells are not processed (at least not in Marlin--I hear Duet may not need them but Marlin does.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:39:58 PM by lord-of-candy »

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 02:24:25 AM »
Hi, in the 1.5 version it resets the BLTouch now when you first turn the machine on, it was a timing issue before this so the reset button is a bit redundant now. I've just not updated or removed it from the touchscreen firmware yet.

lord-of-candy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 06:52:06 PM »
Strangely enough I have to reset the probe every once and a while or on a new G28 it will go halfway down and then pretend it makes contact then stop. No clue how it gets confused but the reset concept is what had me put it into custom commands (octoprint) so I could tap it as a safety measure before a print. I dunno if its dumbos magic feather or not at this point but.. lol!

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 02:50:30 AM »
Strangely enough I have to reset the probe every once and a while or on a new G28 it will go halfway down and then pretend it makes contact then stop. No clue how it gets confused but the reset concept is what had me put it into custom commands (octoprint) so I could tap it as a safety measure before a print. I dunno if its dumbos magic feather or not at this point but.. lol!

Well if it works :-) it's good enough,  handy to know also for others.   thanks for posting.