Author Topic: BLtouch on v4 Artillery Genius  (Read 497 times)

gixxerboss

• View Profile
BLtouch on v4 Artillery Genius
« on: June 05, 2020, 10:07:38 AM »
Hi everyone I've been using the Anycubic Mega s for a while and still am really, but got the genius to help with the workload and speed up the processing of jobs,
Question is can this install and firmware for the BLtouch work on the v4 genius I've ordered the touch and like to figure things out before it arrives, also can anyone point me in the direction of where STL files are for the parts I need to print for mounting it,
Excellent work with this forum keep it up.
Cheers Brian

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BLtouch on v4 Artillery Genius
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 02:29:19 AM »
Hi, in the download section is a firmware I've done for the Genuis.  Artillery even prewired for the BLTouch so you only need to plug it into the pins at the side of the extruder.  You will still need to go inside to flash the mainboard and remove the glue they put on the touch screen ribbon cable so you can disconnect it for flashing but it's a lot easy to do than the X1 as you don't have to mess about swapping wires over.

gixxerboss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 11:51:34 AM »
Buddy thanks very much for the reply and all the effort you put into this, it's very much appreciated what you guys do for no reward is outstanding, thank you

tlunzer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 05:22:26 AM »
@CdRsKuLL

Hello Steve thanks for the impressively detailed instructions, especially the hack, using the led lines for signal routing, this makes it very neat and tidy.
The only question that's left:
You connect the bltouch signal line to z-max (pin 19) but you do the following define:
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN
I would expect that you read the signal of the inductive endstop on z_min then instead of the bltouch signal (since you left it connected to Z_MIN, pin 18 ).
I'd rather expect, it needs to be configured the following way:
//#define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN
//#define Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN 32 // Pin 32 is the RAMPS default
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN 19 // Z_MAX_PIN on MKS_GEN_L
Maybe I did oversee something in the code but defining explicitly the  Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN seems the right way to go.
Of course you could also hook up the bltouch-signal to Z_MIN and unplug the inductive endstop from there, so it's disabled and bltouch will do the  Z-homing.
It would be great if you could comment on this, because not being sure which is the right way to do it, is bugging me.
Greets and keep up making such great tutorials!
Thomas

tlunzer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 05:40:04 AM »
@gixxerboss:

I just stumbled over the instructions on how to hook up the bltouch on a GENIUS.

See Page 17 in the printed manual that came with the printer.

gixxerboss

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 10:59:45 AM »
Awesome thank you, 1 more question once you update firmware will that mean I can then use the pause print on either prusa slicer or cura. cheers

CdRsKuLL

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 05:43:10 AM »
Sadly the touchscreen does not support the M600 command which is the pause print and swap filament.